Thursday, October 2, 2008

Home School

This morning as I start the morning with my routine internet searches, beside me is my eldest daughter working her Math Skills.

I am really surprised on her curriculum, its advanced compare to what I learned during elementary days. When friends ask me about it, I would typically say that it’s great and successful as of now. It is very challenging and you would really need a full time mommy or daddy teacher for this kind of teaching programs.

Home schooling offers a multitude of benefits and other opportunities like: it is a distant learning, mobile for an OFW family, one-on-one teaching or small group, fast-pace learning opportunity, actual learning experience, advance learning experience, child is not afraid to ask questions because of teacher-parents, you can adjust teaching methods according to child pace or way of learning, they are safe at home, balanced sleep & play, cost-management, and a lot more. For common issues like social interactions, parents have to find the child some group activities, join clubs or outdoor programs.

So far it’s great as long as the child listens. It is really challenging and you learn more about your child as she/he grows up. She learns how to open up her emotions or way of thinking to parent and even to other people.
________________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

xhris said...

wow araw araw na update. good for you guys!!!dumaan lang po.